Old 20-10-2006, 12:05 AM posted to rec.gardens
sylvan butler[_2_] sylvan butler[_2_] is offline

Default Problem blowing out sprinklers

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 01:27:08 GMT, Computer Prog wrote:
out to the drain plug below my Wilkins breaker. I filled my compressor,
turned on one zone of my sprinkler and set turned my compressor regulator
to 50 PSI of output. I heard a lot of "gurgling" at the Wilkins breaker
but my sprinkler heads did not pop up. I raised the pressure a bit to 70

It sounds like the air is going back thru and being released by the
vacuum breaker or by the drain valve. When I blow out my system
(considerably larger) I make sure to turn off a valve at the output of
my backflow prevention device (BFD) so that the air has no choice but to
go thru the valves and heads. This also eliminates any chance that the
high back pressure from the compressor might damage the BFD. I also
keep closed the drain valve until after I've blown out the system.

sdb

sdbuse1 on mailhost bigfoot.com