Old 19-10-2006, 11:48 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eggs Zachtly Eggs Zachtly is offline

Default problem Willow

Loren via HomeKB.com said:

Tree AND Internet knowledge. You people are amazing!

Here's the link

http://www.fotothing.com/Loren/

As it is now dark when I leave for work as well as when I get home, I wasn't
able to get a good daylight picture of the stump. It is deceiving, but there
is about 8 inches between the top of the stump and the bottom of the deck.
And the stump is about halfway under the deck. There is about a three foot
cantilever, so the stump is a good distance away fromt the footing.

What you see is about 5 weeks growth.

What kind of Salix was this, again? I'm not sure you said. If you did, I
can't find it. =(

If it were me, I think I'd still opt for removing the section of the deck
that's over the stump, and remove it (the stump) properly (grinding). If
you're careful, you shouldn't damage any of the joists, when
removing/replacing them.

--
Eggs

A piece of motorway and piece of dual carriage way are enjoying a drink in
the pub. In walks a piece of red tarmac. The motorway whispers to the
carrageway "Come on lets drink up and go before the trouble starts; He's a
cyclepath!"