Old 19-10-2006, 09:19 PM posted to austin.gardening
Cindy[_1_] Cindy[_1_] is offline

Default Will anoles eat scorpions?

* Mike Harris wrote, On 10/19/2006 2:58 PM:
"OmManiPadmeOmelet" wrote in message
news
In article ,
Cindy wrote:

Scorpions are in the same "Order" as spiders.
They are an arachnid due to the possession of 8 legs:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scorpion

Classification of living creatures goes as follows:

Kingdom
Phylum
Class
Order
Family
Genus
Species

I believe that scorpions are in the class "Insecta".

And yes, I did some googling to check my memory from when I took Zoology
back in college... After all, it's been slightly over 20 years. G

But it was a subject that fascinated me. :-)

BTW, insects are all "invertebrates".

Crabs are crustaceans.

Scorpions are not crustaceans.

Cheers! :-)
--
Peace, Om

Om,

You might want to take another look at the sidebar of the Wikipedia link you
cited.

Insects - including "true" bugs (insecta), spiders and scorpions (arachnida)
and crabs (crustacea) are all arthropods.

Of course some folks consider anything creepy-crawly to be a "bug." (that's
an annelid, you fool!)
--
Mike Harris
Austin TX

But when it comes down TO it, scorpions are just gross! I like snakes, spiders
are cool, most critters are at least interesting, but scorpions for me are one
of those repulsive creatures that just have no reason for being. A purely
personal reaction (phobia?) and one I don't need a lecture on.

Cindy