Old 19-10-2006, 09:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Peter Sutton Peter Sutton is offline

Default Sachia - Salvai Ambigens

BTW, did you know that Christine Yeo is giving up opening to the public?

think she's going to go on breeding and raising plants, though.

I like "Desert Blaze" I think a macrophylla. Blue Enigma is lovely but
died with me over damp winters.

I have had Salvia uliginosa flowering for about 2 months this year, it's
superb and creates a filmy screen like Verbena bon. It's really growing
very well and is still covered in wonderful intense blue flowers.

Janet - I am new to Salvias this year, but have already realised there are
some very fine plants (as well as some rubbish) in this genus. I grew S.
Patens, and a coral pink S.Coccinea as well as S.Mystic Spires, S.
Ambigens(S.Guaranitica Blue Enseign) and S. Guaranitica Black and Blue, in
pots and found them all to be really good plants. I also grew S. Verbenacea
and S. Napifolia, which were totally forgetable. S Microphylla, grown in a
bed, was a star. It started flowering in the middle of June and is still in
full flower today. And S. Uliginosa is very nice too. I will bring most of
them inside over winter - and hope they survive.