Old 19-10-2006, 10:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jim Jackson Jim Jackson is offline

Default Autumn Bliss Advice please

wrote:
Thanks Jim, I will follow your advice and replant elsewhere as soon as the
ground dries out a bit. It has been raining heavily.
We will have to differ on Autumn Bliss - I think they have the best flavour
and their prolonged fruiting season suits us just fine.

Have you tasted Leo ? If I could find an autumn raspberry with that taste
I'd be using that. All the autumn raspberries have the advantage of the
prolonged fruiting season. I also grow the yellow autumn rapsberry
- AllGold - that has an even more prolonged fruiting season, it tends to
start earlier than Autumn Bliss.

Did you know you can prolong Autumn Bliss's fruiting season even more, by
leaving any of this years canes that have not fruited or have only
partially fruited. These will grow fruiting side shoots next year in late
June and into July. I leave a few canes like this, because while I don't
think it is the BEST flavour it is very very good and a few berries early
on is a pleasant treat in late June.

All the best with the move.
Jim