Old 19-10-2006, 11:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes Alan Holmes is offline

Default A great loss to urg

"michael adams" wrote in message

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"michael adams" wrote in message

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message

I am extremely sorry to read in the raspberries thread that two of

its
most longterm contributors, Judith Lea and Sacha Hubbard have left

urg
because they are no longer prepared to tolerate the appalling level
of
lies, abuse, and threats made against them.

Those who stood by and said nothing should be ashamed, particularly
those who counted both as friends in real life, or have been the
recipients of their legendary generosity with plants, time and
hospitality.

Janet

Anyone who posts on Newsgroups for any length of time, should learn
how to set up a kill-file, without necessarily announcing it to the
world.

Attention seekers such as Puce are not going to be made to go away,
simply by virtue of all the regulars simply queuing up and telling
them how obnoxious they are. In fact precisely the opposite. They
know that already, and are being obnoxious on purpose. And they will

stoop
to any depths to get a reaction of some kind. The more reaction they
can get, the happier they will be. People like Puce, latch on to people
who are easily wound-up and stick to them like limpets. So long as they
can get a response of any kind.

The only answer to such people is simply to ignore them. And the
only way to be sure of ignoring them, and avoiding the temptation to
have just one more read and get upset all over again, is simply to
killfile them behind their backs.

But, as I've said in another post, how can you killfile someone
who uses the same name as someone else?

Alan

It appears you're posting using Outlook Express.

In the main Oulook Express Window, in the right hand pane click on
any post by the person you want to killfile - open it first to be
sure it's the correct person - although Mike Lyle always shows as
Mike Lyle in any case. Unlike the other character who you want to
kill file.

Then in the menus along the top select [ Message ]

Then in the drop down menu select [ block sender ]

That's it. Job done.

I'l try that, but I'm not convinced it will not block other Mike's.

Alan