Old 19-10-2006, 04:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default Sachia - Salvai Ambigens

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Sacha
writes

BTW, did you know that Christine Yeo is giving up opening to the public?

think she's going to go on breeding and raising plants, though.

Her books are very useful but the Internet Salvia newsgroup was always
WAY above my head

I like "Desert Blaze" I think a macrophylla. Blue Enigma is lovely but
died with me over damp winters.

I have had Salvia uliginosa flowering for about 2 months this year, it's
superb and creates a filmy screen like Verbena bon. It's really growing
very well and is still covered in wonderful intense blue flowers.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

I have tried many times to get Salvia uliginosa through the winter (with all
my gardening friends expressing surprise I can not!) then last year the
gutter above it blocked and it spent a good part of the winter either
submerged or saturated and as you have probably guessed its been great since
June :~) I am trying it in a few more places as its certainly a star if it
grows well.
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk