Old 20-10-2006, 01:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
farmer_giles farmer_giles is offline

Default Should I have a Health and safety warning on my garden?

If you knowingly knew that there was a potential hazard in your
garden, and a visitor was not made aware of the hazard.

Then yes you would be liable for injury, just as if you had known that
a branch was broken and it had fell off and landed on the roof of a
car.

So in this day and age the council is probably right, and cordoned off
the tree, and attempted to remove the hazard.

Do you want to be sued for $$$$$$.

I think a sign on the gate would be adequate ??

Whilst trying to collet all the walnuts which were falling like rain this
morning, on fell on my head, as councils are stopping people walking under
conker trees in case conkers fall on their heads, should I refrain from
walking under the walnut?

Alan