Old 20-10-2006, 06:35 PM posted to austin.gardening
Mike Harris[_1_] Mike Harris[_1_] is offline

Default Will anoles eat scorpions?

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" wrote in message
news
I've no idea why you are trying to call those other creatures "bugs".

Um, because *you* were extending the Linnean definition of a "bug" - that is
to say:

Animalia Arthropoda Insecta Hemiptera Prosorrynchia

To other arthropods which are not "bugs" except in the colloqial or
vernacular sense - and I quote:

"Scorpions _are_ "bugs"!"

"To me, all "bugs" are arthropods...

It all depends on personal definitions."

You then asked Jangchub to provide examples of "bugs" that were not
arthropods. Since by the Linnean definition a "bug" can be nothing else, I
assumed that you meant "bug" in a colloqual sense meaning "creepy crawly
critter" and took the liberty of responding with examples that were *not* in
the phylum Arthropoda but which might be colloqually considered "bugs." Er,
all depending on personal definitions, of course. G

And at least to me, you seem to be trying to argue both sides of the "bug =
strict Linnean definition" vs "bug = anything creepy-crawly" debate,
depending on which offers the most opportunity for contention at the moment.
The only reason I'm responding at all is because in general I enjoy your
posts.
--
Mike Harris
Austin TX