Old 21-10-2006, 02:21 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
tennis maynard tennis maynard is offline

Default Wasps in the greenhouse

I'm not allergic to wasps, thank goodness, since they have an 'affinity'
for me. If I come within a few meters of them, they (and other bees)
will, pardon the expression, make a beeline for me and sting me as much
as possible. Both this past summer and the previous one, I was attacked
by an entire nest of wasps (different nests) and received on one
occasion eleven stings and on the other, nine, in the blink of an eye
during the process of trying to bat them away after they began stinging
and running for the house. No provocation. It's been this way since
adolescence. Now, I hate them and kill them at any and every
opportunity. They are evil incarnate. Don't want them in the greenhouse.
Nor spiders, hate them too. I've been bitten numerous times, often in my
sleep. Don't really mind ants except for their little 'friends'. Best
solution I have found is frequent repeated applications of chemical
pesticides.

Mosquitoes will bite me at the same rate as other people, but fleas will
not touch me - we had an infestation a couple years ago and a hard time
getting rid of them. They weren't bothering the dogs a lot, but ate my
roommate up. Not one ever touched me.

I suppose it's a chemical thing.