Old 20-10-2006, 10:57 PM posted to aus.gardens
Linda H Linda H is offline

Default Water restrictions and gardens

Every ounce of our used water goes back into our ground as we have a
Septech treatment plant. Treated waste (black & grey water) is
dispersed via dripper lines - it's clean and clear enough to even
provide a veggie garden with but it is not recommended but really you
could. Nearly every property in our area has these and it's always
green wherever one is installed.

Some builders of new homes are now incorporating treatment plants and I
certainly don't know whether you can have one on your average suburban
block but on a bigger block I think every new house should seriously
consider treating their own waste and it's worth considering putting
them into older existing dwellings/properties. If most people did this
it would be an enormous help re our water problems. Our water needs to
be valued like liquid gold.