Old 20-10-2006, 10:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes Alan Holmes is offline

Default Should I have a Health and safety warning on my garden?

"Sue" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"p.k." wrote
Sue wrote:
http://www.tooled-up.com/static/HardHats.asp

;-)

Ha!

We should be so lucky!

The neighbours have a walnut tree 60 cm from the joint fence, 40ft
high, always with a tremendous (potential) crop, but every year the
bloody squirrels coming over a single weekend and take the whole
bloody lot at the "white skin stage"

They do that with my hazelnuts. Each year I determine to get there first
but they always beat me to it.

It's not as if they even went to the trouble of either eating them all
or burying them this year. While I was weeding I found several dozen
left in a heap among a patch of campanula glomerata.

there is only one way to deal wiht the tree rats, and that is to catch them
and dispose of them.

Once dead, if you have foxes about, just leave the carcase and the fox will
remove it.

Alan

--
Sue