Old 21-10-2006, 02:42 PM posted to rec.gardens
kate kate is offline

Default Passion flower vine gone ape!

Persephone wrote:
On Thu, 05 Oct 2006 13:11:54 -0700, Persephone wrote:

Awkward situation:

I planted this vine about 2-3 years ago. It didn't do anything
until this year, when it went totally ape. It's crawling along
my clothes lines and falling over other plants.

[...]

Trimmed the rest of the original post, because everybody
advised me to trim it back rather than try to
anchor on garage roof, etc. Thanks, y'all!

I did trim it sternly, but it looks messy. What if I cut
it back to the trunk? Will it come back? If it does,
I promise I'll keep it trimmed!

Any experience out there?

This is So.Calif coastal.

I'm in TN but since babying the Passion Flower one year, it now comes up
everywhere. The roots send out runners.

Kate - but I still hate to mow it