Old 21-10-2006, 11:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert[_3_] Robert[_3_] is offline

Default A great loss to urg

In message .com,
DavePoole Torquay writes
Janet wrote:
I am extremely sorry to read in the raspberries thread that two of its
most longterm contributors, Judith Lea and Sacha Hubbard have left urg
because they are no longer prepared to tolerate the appalling level of
lies, abuse, and threats made against them.

I was gobsmacked to learn of this. I'm highly selective in the threads
that I read and tend to look at very few. If I see that any are
started or contain 'contributions' from some notorious posters, I
usually leave them well alone and do not return to them. Raspberries do
not fall within spheres of interest for me and it is only your posting
that has caused me to have a look. I then delved further to find other
bits of extreme unpleasantry caused by attacks from the same sources.

It saddens me to see this kind of thing happening on URG. We've had a
few spats in the past, but nothing like this. I've been here for
around 9 or 10 years and always thought of it as a homely place - first
and last call of the day, if you see what I mean. It really has become
sorely tainted by a few malevolent, twisted and utterly nauseous
posters. Incursions from x posters who delight in trying to offend
with foul language and obscenities are another problem. There are
better places to be and that's where I'm going. Bye.

Dave

Of all the contributors to urg over the years I have found you to be
amongst the most helpful and undoubtedly the most knowledgeable
concerning exotic flora. It would be a great shame for many if you no
longer dropped in and picked up any threads of interest.

I have decided to extend my killfile and sit it out for a while.

--
Robert