Old 21-10-2006, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Klara Klara is offline

Default What plants would you take with you if you moved house.....

In message , JennyC
writes

I've been thinking that I shall not take many plants with me if/when we move
to France.....

It seems a good idea to make a new start...but I did start a list of various
things that I was thinking of taking, and have just looked at it
again.....Perhaps that one rose (cutting from friends wedding bouquet)
should come along, and the ginger, and the Johnson's Blue geranium, and the
big yucca, and, and ........:~))

What favourite plant would you not be able to live without, providing the
conditions were suitable in the new garden...?

Anything in pots, some cuttings, but apart from that, there are, as you
say, the sentimental memories. The silver anniversary rose could be
moved, but the 35th - the coral-bark maple - only for the next couple of
years. The rest are all trees with sentimental memories, but those would
have to go as photographs....

(Another reason not to move?)
--
Klara, Gatwick basin