Old 22-10-2006, 11:44 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
[email protected] nyscof@gmail.com is offline

Default Is fluoride in the water toxic?

Science has proven that adding fluoride to drinking water is
ineffective at reducing tooth decay, harmful to health and a waste of
money.

Besides being harmful to humans, it makes brown spots or brown tips on
some plants. Don't know which ones, though.

It's best to keep fluoride out of your body and your plants, in my
opinion

For more info:

http://www.fluoridealert.org/bohne.htm

On Oct 22, 5:27 am, "John Varigos"
wrote:
I am thinking of buying some Disa flasks from a supplier but on visiting the
web page and looking at the cultural information, I note that it says
"Fluoride in the water is thought to be toxic."

Melbourne's water if fluoridated and I have been using it for over 30 years
on my orchids without seemingly any ill effect.

Can anyone enlighten me as to whether there is any truth to this statement
especially for Disas. I'd hate to spend the money on buying the flasks and
having every seedling facing a death sentence as soon as they are deflasked.

--
John
Melbourne, Australia