Old 22-10-2006, 10:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC JennyC is offline

Default Hope springs eternal..............

"Klara" wrote in message
In message ,
Farm1 writes
We've had 6 years of continuous drought where 30 year old trees have tried
to die but been resurrected by 3 days of watering. Last year the
grasshoppers ate just about everything in the garden including stripping
the leaves totally off 2 apples.

I've heard about the dire effect on the Australian wheat harvest, etc. So
worrying.

Maybe this is a silly question, but does 6 years of drought mean 6 years
unbroken sunshine and few if any clouds - or are the clouds up there, the
rain just doesn't come down? (I guess I'm trying to get a picture of
drought in terms of how it works globally, now that there is drought in so
many parts of the world.)
Klara, Gatwick basin

Interesting question Klara !
That's one of the things i love about the web..........it sets one of on all
sorts of quests that you'd maybe not think of on your own:~)

Went a googling and found these:
http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/drought/livedrought.shtml
http://www.bom.gov.au/lam/climate/le...hc/drought.htm

Al Gore's film might also be of interest (on a wider scale)....
http://www.climatecrisis.net/

Jenny