Old 22-10-2006, 10:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC JennyC is offline

Default What plants would you take with you if you moved house.....

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message

"JennyC" wrote in message

What favourite plant would you not be able to live without, providing the
conditions were suitable in the new garden...?

--
Jenny (the Netherlands)
remove squirrel to reply

One of the hardest questions to ask any gardener! Have to say it would
depend on when you asked me as my favourites tend to change when I am
looking at something, right now I couldn't be without Hedychium greenii
and
Cassia corymbosa, but if I couldn't have more than one plant, well then I
wouldn't move! took 3 lorries to get us here and most of that was garden
stuff.
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.

LOL :~))

I remember AlanT saying that he wanted to start afresh when he moved a while
ago.
I wonder if HE took any plants with him ?

Foud this
(http://www.bbc.co.uk/suffolk/content..._feature.shtml)
We dived into the interview almost instantly. I'm afraid to say that my
questioning fell into the sadly predictable category, I asked him about his
favourite bits of the filming of the British Isles series, how his new
garden is shaping up, if he misses his old garden at Barleywood, and what
his plans are for the future. But I did get some interesting gems out of
him, like the fact that he's looked over the fence to see how the new owners
are taking care of Barleywood and couldn't resist taking a cutting from a
plant he regretted leaving behind. (I'm sure the new owners wouldn't mind
Alan, after all, they'd know the cutting was taken properly).

Jenny