Old 22-10-2006, 02:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default UK drought - end in sight

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Stan The Man" wrote

snip

We may also expect to see an adaptation of the Australian hosepipe laws
whereby hose use is restricted only at certain times of the day or on
certain days of the week.

Europe has been hit too. France imposed hosepipe bans last year as well,
but I think it was allowed to water ones veggies. Food still comes first
in France :~))
Jenny

We didn't have a hosepipe ban but I didn't use any tap water for the garden
and everything was very well watered. We have butts. Food is important to
the Fishers too - and according to a grandson who lives in France most
French people aren't so interested in good food anyway, they have as many
fast food shops as there are here.

Mary