Old 22-10-2006, 08:11 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Mick Fournier Mick Fournier is offline

Default is there money in orchids?

Keith,

Al will always be MY barometer. On the day he only writes one sentence to
answer a simple question... then I will know he finally freaked out in total
and we are all in deep spores. So far, it looks like we are all fairly safe
for today.

If you want my assessment on whether there is "still" real money in orchids
then my simple answer is "no". The Asians will own this industry
completely with their throw-away mass-produced hybrids in another two years.
But to doublecheck let's find an old Venezuelan, Hawaiian or Columbian
orchid grower and ask them where the overall market is headed.

Mick