Old 22-10-2006, 06:03 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jim Ledford Jim Ledford is offline

Default Lawn vac motor tune-up

Srgnt Billko wrote:

Eggs Zachtly wrote:
Srgnt Billko said:

It's us against the leaves.

Dig in Sarge! They're bombarding us here!
Eggs

I have a tarp full of mulched leaves right now. Left the tarp open so the
rain will wet them tonight - then I'll button it up and take it out to my
compost pile tomorrow afternoon.

http://www.stihl.us/blowers/BG85D.html

I got the tool because of the optional vacuum attachment.
made a quick way to get leaves out of a flower bed without
disturbing the mulch. I thought it would vacuum the leaves
up and fill the shoulder bag. I vacuumed and vacuumed enough
leaves to fill the bag three times and deciding something was
strange I stopped, opened the bag and to my complete delight
found the leaves had been shredded into tiny pieces.

later when trimming the new growth off a hedge I found out the
tool will vacuum and shred those trimmings also.

funny to me how the sales person made no mention of how the
tool would shred.