Old 22-10-2006, 07:56 PM posted to aus.gardens
gardenlen gardenlen is offline

Default Mulches

g'day liz,

they should all be good mulches, my favourite is the grass hay
mulches, have used sugar cane never used pea straw (never seen it
available). got concerns about the amount of chemical used in growing
sugar cane (plus around here some of the farms have been reported as
having fire ants on them). my reckoning is that the fodder grass hays
come from a variety of growing conditions so should have different
elements available and maybe more elements than say mono-cropped cane.

least wise i don't need to use fertilisers/manures in my gardens.

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 12:42:59 +1000, "Staycalm"
wrote:

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len