Old 22-10-2006, 03:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue[_3_] Sue[_3_] is offline

Default What plants would you take with you if you moved house.....

"K" wrote
"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" writes

The Leycesteria appreciation society are about to issue a writ:-)
A superb good doer. Flowers, berries, nice leaf shape and colour-what
else do you want. Blackbirds love the berries and the Gold finches eat
the seeds in spring. Available also in a golden/yellow form.
As if that is not enough the berries are delicious and taste of
toffee.

And it spreads everywhere! Almost as bad as Alchemilla mollis.

A German friend calls it 'Peasant Berry' - which could be why she
thought I ought to have one of her seedling plants!

I saw a golden leaved form last year and thought it prettier than the
ordinary one. Is it possible there are different forms of the plain
green sort? Because some people do seem to get much better flowers on
theirs than others.

--
Sue