Old 22-10-2006, 04:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] chris_doran@postmaster.co.uk is offline

Default UK drought - end in sight

Gill Matthews wrote:
... Thus my Father who has an expensive house because of the
sea view but with a small garden which he does not water and a preference
for showers over baths found he was paying significantly more for water with
a meter than he was for a water rate even though his rates were high and his
water usage is low.

Has he checked his meter readings versus estimated usage or compared
with someone similar? Thames Water installed my meter with on oversized
coupling on my side that leaked furiously (though only at night). After
spending ages proving to myself it wasn't in my 120-yo pipes, I got
them to dig up the meter and behold...

Chris