Old 22-10-2006, 08:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
®óñ© © ² * ¹°°³ ®óñ©  ©  ² * ¹°°³ is offline

Default Fancy coloured tomatoes

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 17:52:43 GMT, Rhiannon Macfie Miller
wrote and included this (or some of this):

Tigerella (red with yellow streaks)
Green Zebra (yellow with green streaks)
Black Russian (purple)
White Wonder (white)
Pepino (green with purple streaks, apparently tastes of melon)

Does anyone have experience of any of these? If so, I'd appreciate any
information you have on whether they taste any good, how productive they
are, and how well they are likely to cope with the short season and
lower temperatures engendered by being in Scotland and in a greenhouse
which gets shaded for half the day by a neighbour's tree.

Tigerella was reasonably productive in my experience but not
overly tasty. I wouldn't bother again.

Try Olivade, Pineapple, Aviro, Juliet, Dombito and Santa.

(Not all funny colours but successful for me)

--
®óñ© © ² * ¹°°³