Old 23-10-2006, 04:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default What plants would you take with you if you moved house.....

"Sue" wrote in message
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote

http://www.rainyside.com/features/pl...als/Parahebe_p
erfoliata.html

Most like this one than the others on the other cite you gave

Mine however has leaves which are finely
lobed and the flowers are a paler lilac colour than the one in the
pic.

I have a low growing white flowered shrubby parahebe that's pretty

much
evergreen, but I'm not sure what variety it is.

Mine is an evergreen too.

And I did have a young plant of this one until our very dry summer

this
year did for it. Will have to try again next year.
http://www.farmyardnurseries.co.uk/herbac/parahe1.htm

I had thought that the one I had might be a parahebe catarractae -
can't recall now why I thought so but I assume from something I found
on the Web. Mine grows by the side of the driveway in a very dry spot
and it is only watered probably about once a year. It seem to thrive
on dry and doesn't mind our frosts (can get as low as -10C here). I
gave a piece of it to a friend who is a keen gardener and told her to
put in a dry tough positiion. She subsequently saw one the same
growing in another garden in exactly the same position as I described
to her. I've never seent hem for sale though. Must check my Plant
Finder book.