Old 23-10-2006, 05:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default Hope springs eternal..............

"JennyC" wrote in message
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote
We own one farm which we bought specifically to drought proof
ourselves. It got about 50 inches of rain a year when we bought

it
about 14 years ago but that would be under 30 inches now

What do you farm ?
Cattle, kangaroos ?

Angus cattle. And we support far too many kangaroos and feral pigs.
We used to have a mob of about 15 kangaroos which stayed in one of the
back paddocks. Nice to have around, but the drought brought roos in
from everywhere and at one stage they were like locusts. I even had 2
big buck roos which were coming into the garden but I fixed that.

I've actually had 2 friends been attacked by big buck roos right in
their gardens. And they drown dogs by going into dams and when the
dog swims after then they push them under the water with their front
paws till they drown. Can be a bit nasty.