Old 23-10-2006, 05:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC JennyC is offline

Default UK drought - end in sight

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
The message from Stan The Man contains these words:

b) the water shortage is much more to do with John Prescott's new house
building agenda (coupled with insufficient reservoirs) - and supply
pipe leaks - than it has to do with gardening (or rainfall - which
statistics have been much distorted by the Environment Agency to suit
the Govt's agenda)

So gardeners and their hosepipes are the sacrificial lambs to a much
bigger God: the need to build tens of thousands of new homes in the
south east, many of them for immigrants, without having the water
supply infrastructure in place to support them.

I had formulated a question on exactly this subject[*], when I went
to a recording of 'Question Time' that was held in Perth a few
weeks ago. Unfortunately I wasn't one of the lucky few whose
questions were chosed for the panel to answer.

[*] Did you know that your questions to 'Question Time' should be
thirty words or less? Not easy, if it's a complicated question!
AnneJ

The little card they give you to write question on is indeed small. You'd
have to write really small to get much more than 30 words on it!
Jenny