Old 23-10-2006, 01:54 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Garden shed on lawn

"JB" wrote in message
ups.com...
Jangchub wrote:

On 23 Oct 2006 01:52:42 -0700, "JB" wrote:

I would like to get a smallish garden shed (8' by 6' for example) for
general garden storage, i.e. lawnmower and other garden tools. What I
want to know is can I just place this directly on the lawn (the lawn is
flat), or do I need foundations of some kind? I live in the North East
of Engalnd if this is applicable.

Yes, you really should use a foundation. It doesn't have to be
concrete. Our 8x12 shed is placed on top of a simple wood construted
foundation.

Thanks, for the info.

Not wanting to sound TOO stupid, but I would really like specifics
about the wooden frame. For example for your 8'x12' case, do I just
need two 8'x2"x2" and two 12'x2"x2" bits of wood, nail them up into a
square and then that's it, or would I require something more elaborate?

Thanks again.

How about three 4x8 foot sheets of 3/4" thick plywood, laid over a frame
made of treated 2x4" wood? You might need to trim an inch or three off the
plywood, unless the internal floor size really is 8'x12'.