Old 23-10-2006, 02:54 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Garden shed on lawn

I'd address the tip-over question directly to the manufacturer, on the
telephone. The instructions may contain info about anchoring the structure.
Their people should be able to tell you this.

"JB" wrote in message
oups.com...
OK, that sounds good to me. Looking at one on the B&Q website it says
the base should be 300mm wider than the dimensions specified.

Anyway, this maybe another stupid question, but it can get fairly windy
here (not hurricane standards), but I take it there is no fear of these
things blowing over????

Thanks.

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

"JB" wrote in message
ups.com...
Jangchub wrote:

On 23 Oct 2006 01:52:42 -0700, "JB" wrote:

I would like to get a smallish garden shed (8' by 6' for example) for
general garden storage, i.e. lawnmower and other garden tools. What I
want to know is can I just place this directly on the lawn (the lawn
is
flat), or do I need foundations of some kind? I live in the North
East
of Engalnd if this is applicable.

Yes, you really should use a foundation. It doesn't have to be
concrete. Our 8x12 shed is placed on top of a simple wood construted
foundation.

Thanks, for the info.

Not wanting to sound TOO stupid, but I would really like specifics
about the wooden frame. For example for your 8'x12' case, do I just
need two 8'x2"x2" and two 12'x2"x2" bits of wood, nail them up into a
square and then that's it, or would I require something more elaborate?

Thanks again.

How about three 4x8 foot sheets of 3/4" thick plywood, laid over a frame
made of treated 2x4" wood? You might need to trim an inch or three off
the
plywood, unless the internal floor size really is 8'x12'.