Old 23-10-2006, 01:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle[_1_] Mike Lyle[_1_] is offline
Registered User

Default Fancy coloured tomatoes

Andy wrote:
[...]
My brother grew Tigerella. He said they had little flavour, and he won't be
growing them again. He also said the same about Moneymaker, but they aren't
fancy coloured anyway.

Same experience here with Tigerella. I read somewhere that Tigerella is
a "sub-variety" of Moneymaker; I don't know if it's true, though it's
credible from the taste. (A neighbour regularly grew Moneymaker for
sale on a small scale with lots of rotted fym, and let the tomatoes
ripen before offering them: they were better than the supermarket ones,
but I still wouldn't recommend them.)

--
Mike.