Old 23-10-2006, 03:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan Kate Morgan is offline

Default Fancy coloured tomatoes

"Mike Lyle" wrote
Same experience here with Tigerella. I read somewhere that Tigerella
is a "sub-variety" of Moneymaker; I don't know if it's true, though
it's credible from the taste. (A neighbour regularly grew Moneymaker
for sale on a small scale with lots of rotted fym, and let the
tomatoes ripen before offering them: they were better than the
supermarket ones, but I still wouldn't recommend them.)

'Moneymaker' says it all really. You can't help thinking if it had a
decent taste it would have been given a better name!

I grew Moneymaker in the greenhouse and I am still picking them, they
taste O.K.ish picked fresh and the skins are soft but I wont grow them
again, dont quite know what to try next year, will keep reading the
thread and decide.

kate