Old 24-10-2006, 01:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue[_3_] Sue[_3_] is offline

Default What plants would you take with you if you moved house.....

"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote
"Sue" wrote in message
The white one does cope with our dry conditions fairly well.
Sometimes it loses leaves and looks a bit tatty after too much summer
drought or an extra cold spell in winter, but given a haircut when
better conditions arrive and it recovers well, I find.

Is this a parahebe catarractae too?

I couldn't for the life of me remember, but I've gone through my old
labels and found it's called Parahebe lyallii and described as a
semi-evergreen sub-shrub.

It is only a low grower so here it lives at the front of a narrow,
mostly sunny border. It's not an extrovert plant, but I like it even out
of flower because of its neat mound of little deep green leaves which
makes a nice foil to other surrounding things.

--
Sue