Old 24-10-2006, 03:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
John John is offline

Default Making new lawn

Hi, I have a small front garden approx 60 sq.metres and wish to make it into
a lawn (We already have a fair sized rear lawn). At present it contains
various bushes, shrubs and plants which will all have to be taken out.

Having done that what is the best way to proceed? I hear various advice.
Should I put a membrane down to discourage weeds coming through, or apply
strong weedkiller etc?

Any advice gratefully received as I have never attempted this kind of thing
before.

Regards
John