Old 24-10-2006, 05:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
John McMillan John McMillan is offline

Default Can I use dry Bordeaux compond on my seeds as a fungicide ??? or suphur ??

In article ,
BigSteve wrote:

In cold storing seeds in damp compost/verm../moss etc. I always end up
with molds growing on them and then rotting off.

Apart from regulating the amount of dampness, I thought I would have a
go with a fungicide this year.

Most seeds will withstand dry storage - and this is how most
seeds are handled and distributed. Thee are some species which
will not withstand dry storage. Hellebores and corydalis are the
only ones I've tried. These are termed ephemeral seeds and are
usually sown fresh. What genus are you looking at that require
wet storage?