Old 24-10-2006, 08:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
cineman cineman is offline

Default Raised Beds made with decking

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"George.com" wrote in message

... There is in earth treated
timber, the next grade up is for house piles and finally marine grade
that
goes in to wharfs.

That's very interesting, does one get it from the normal timber supplier?
I'm fed up of rotting boards. Spouse wants to use concrete slabs :-(

Mary

Hi,
I have built raised beds from rock faced gravel boards
using concretye fence posts cut with angle grinder to 18" long than cemented
6" into ground, I have topped off the posts between gravel boards with small
concrete ornaments, such as cat rabbit etc.
very long lasting. and price is same for rock faced and plain.
The gravel boards can be set straight, or at slight angle in the posts to
give some shape to the beds, corners can be made by using 2 posts offset and
setting 6" coping stone into recesses of posts.
hope this is of some help
cineman