Old 25-10-2006, 03:22 AM posted to aus.gardens
Terryc Terryc is offline

Default Water restrictions and gardens

Farm1 wrote:

By the time we reach adulthood most of us have already had more then
our fair share of pollutants and still continue to get them every day
from our food and the atmosphere without even thinking about the
water.

which is probably why lots of your contemporaries are now suffering from
a myriad of weird and wonderful dieseases/conditions.

And some very nasty chemicals do have some positive side effects -
fluoride being one.

lol, there is no scientific proof that mass feeding of flouride is
beneficial. It is simply a mathematical correlation without a causitive
explanation, like wearing underpants is deadly because everyone who ears
underpants dies. there is also evidence that improved education has the
same effect.

FYI, Canadians are now starting to work against giving flouride to
children because of an increase in bone cancers.

It seems that like DDT, we had to wait a few decades to discover the
picture.

I can't stomach whinging about no water for lawns when I know of one
community where the hairdressers are saying to clients that they can't
wash their hair so come to the appointment with washed hair. And the
hairdressers are only the tip of the iceberg. Everyone in that
community is hurting and going broke. We'll leave this drought with
devastated rural communities.

Well, it must be a real drought if it is finally starting to affect the
hair dressers {:-),or are they just like Qantas and working out how to
use adverse conditions to improve their profit?

Small rural communities have always suffered when the farms suffer. It
is one of the tradeoffs of living in a rural community.