Old 25-10-2006, 09:37 AM posted to aus.gardens
George.com George.com is offline

Default Water restrictions and gardens

"gardenlen" wrote in message
you can have it rob,

obviously the chemical residues in the stuff along with possible
viruses is of no concern. then i suppose if it is going into a river
that gets flushed maybe no worries.

ours is going into our dams no flushing there just years of
accumulated pollutants.

to me it seems like an indictment that in this modern world any
community should have to drink recycled sewerage water.

our problem, at least in Hamilton, is not the availability of water but the
cost of getting hold of it and disposing of it. We have a nice big river
that flows right through town. Increasing city population places pressure on
the existing facilites which have to be enlarged to keep pace. That costs
$$. If we decreased our consumption by 20% that would save the city a mint.
The quality of water in the river has actually improved in recent times I
believe.

rob