Old 25-10-2006, 11:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default UK drought - end in sight

Ah but.... councils have assigned an attractive temporary cost/rate per
unit of water which has not been based on what is actually needed by the
companies.

For example if it costs £x amount to run the water company, invest and
make a profit that x should eventually be shared out equally between
ALL water users.

Up until now they can create the illusion that water metering is cheap
as they have probably assigned a lower than required cost to each unit
used, this makes it 'appear' more attractive to would be meter
installers.

Wait until we all have the blinking things and I bet my bottom dollar
that the prices will be hiked up until the pips squeak!

For those of us at home all day etc. it will not be as advantageous as
for those who eat/drink/use washing facilities etc at work, some will be
able to use the gyms etc to save at home! Likewise it may well affect
those who have 'dirty' jobs. None of this will become apparent until
everyone has gone past the point of no return with the meters.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph