Old 25-10-2006, 05:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle[_1_] Mike Lyle[_1_] is offline
Registered User

Default Growing soya beans in UK

Pam Moore wrote:
Has anyone tried growing soya beans here?
An allotment neighbour asked me whether he could do so, and I had to
admit I do not know. I assume our weather is not warm enough, but a
quick look at the internet says they are grown in Austria but more
generally USA, Brazil etc.
Any thoughts?

Is that the wrong Aus, do you think? I think they are trying to breed
varieties for higher latitudes, but I didn't know they'd succeeded.

Ach so! As ve say in Salzburg, fair dinkum! Put anosser shrimp on se
barbie, mein liebling!

--
Mike.