Old 25-10-2006, 06:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gary Woods Gary Woods is offline

Default Growing soya beans in UK

Pam Moore wrote:

Has anyone tried growing soya beans here?

Roughly analogous to corn in requirements; the two are often rotated here
in the American colonies.
There are short season varieties which could work.... my season is a far
cry from the big corn/soybeans area west and south of my Central (we call
it "upstate") New York location.
You could certainly grow "Edamame;" selected soybean varieties picked at
the green shelling stage and boiled in the pods as a snack.