Old 26-10-2006, 05:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC JennyC is offline

Default Digging Deep - BBC reply.....

"Klara" wrote in message
In message . com, Mike
Lyle writes
I'm not a big telly man, but this thread got me to watch last night's
prog, and I don't go all the way with the generally negative reaction. For
various reasons I didn't like the garden they threw together, and I'm very
uneasy about strangers hurtling in and offering to solve awful emotional
problems at a stroke -- in public, at that. But I thought the concept was
actually a good one: the psych aspects of gardening and garden design, at
one level or another, are what gardening is actually _about_, and well
worth a TV series.

You can pose questions of taste about the on-screen image of the sweeties
(I didn't mind) and the worrying intrusiveness, and as gardeners they
don't seem to know shit from shoeshine; but they really did identify a
link between the garden and what was going on for that family, and I found
that valid and interesting. It made me think a bit about how I would have
tackled it.

It wasn't anywhere near as bad and cringe-making as the first one.
Klara, Gatwick basin

Like you I could not resist watching a bit of it to see if it was as bad as
last weeks episode...... As you say, not quite as ghastly and the end result
was rather good!
Jenny