Old 26-10-2006, 07:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default Rhubarb

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
K wrote:
Farm1 writes
"Will" wrote in message
My well esablished crown of rhubarb is very vigorous and the

stems look
inviting. Is it wise to pick and stew some of the stems at

this time or should they
be left alone?

I'd eat them.

The theory is
1) don't pick late in the season

I think there are nicer things available at this time of year than
inferior rhubarb.

Actually it was a question that I made a mistake in answering. I'd
sorted the ng by some other form other than "sent" and replied to an
old post from 10 September. (Mind you, I'd still eat rhubarb at any
time that it looked good - I love the stuff)