Old 26-10-2006, 09:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default Save Stratford Allotments Petition

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"GemBio" wrote
Anyone interested in signing the petition to save Stratford Allotments,
sign online.
IMO doesn't matter if you don't live in the area, if they bulldoze one,
they should provide at least 2 new sites.

http://petitionthem.com/default.asp?...etail&pet=3540

Happy gardening

If 6 or more people in an area demand an allotment the local Council has

provide them, and within a reasonable distance.
We lost our fight although the Council have conceded and will remake about
15 plots within the new Park our old site is to become. Meanwhile we have
all moved to other sites to continue growing, in our case it's and
improvement overall.

--
Regards
Bob H

What do councils call a "reasonable distance"? I ask because the only
allotments I have seen down here are in Truro which is 5 miles away. Of no
matter to me as I grow little veg (as you will know!) my sister on the other
hand has 3 full allotment plots, but I am not sure how far from her they are
(Portsmouth)
It was interesting to hear that the old rule still applies, I am surprised a
lot more people do not step forward.
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk