Old 26-10-2006, 04:10 PM posted to rec.gardens
mieskola mieskola is offline

Default What To Plant?

Joe,

I am certainly open to suggestions. I live in Southern New Jersey.
I personally don't like the lights either, since the neighbors kids
have a tendency of knocking them over and breaking them while playing
(I know this since I been through two sets of them already).

-AJ

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"mieskola" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello all. I have a mulch bed around 1.5 feet wide and 56 feet long
that runs alongside the length of my driveway. Currently, it is just
that, a mulch bed, with no ornamentation. I am planning on filling in
this section with a combination of plants, and solar lights. Something
like this:

PLANT LIGHT PLANT LIGHT PLANT LIGHT

I am going to need about 6-7 plants. Can anyone recommend an annual
plant that can survive moderate winters, that is relatively low-lying?
Maybe something that can be trimmed to form a circular shape?

Thanks!

-AJ

Rethink the lights. Arrangements like that often end up looking like the
tacky landscaping at a shopping mall. And, where do you live?