Old 26-10-2006, 05:09 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.nature.mushrooms,rec.birds,sci.misc
OmManiPadmeOmelet OmManiPadmeOmelet is offline

Default PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Stinkhorn Mystery

In article ,
alex wrote:

I can find no, all white stinkhorn in any of my references.

According to the book I have, "Mushrooms", by Gary Lincoff and Thomas
Laesse (ISBN 0789432862) on p.247 it says that the Shameless Stinkhorn
(Phallus impudicus) has a white cap under its olive-green slime. Maybe
rain has washed off the slime on the cap.

Here is an all white stinkhorn:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mkuhn/6...n/set-1388370/

I buy them dried at the oriental market. They are excellent in soups.

But, they grow in china. ;-)

The stem is a bit chewy but the veil has a very nice texture.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.