Old 26-10-2006, 03:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC JennyC is offline

Default boards versus what?

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"JennyC" wrote in message

I've used old wine bottles turned upside down and tapped into the soil.
Pic at : http://www.ljconline.nl/garden/gardenfront.htm
They have been in place now for 11 years and nor a single breakage!
it takes a while to drink enough wine though..............hic ....... "~)
Jenny

That's not a bad idea at all. It would also save trips to the bottle bank

I saw it here in the local Aboretum where tehy use it to edge all their
paths. They are much stronger than you would imagine :~)

We saved wine bottle (used) corks for a friend then she said she didn't
want them after all. I had a very large carrier bag full and offered it on
freecycle - two people wanted them! Now the second bag is about half full.
I reckon we'd have enough bottles for our plots by spring.
Mary

"Bottoms up"
Jenny :~)