Old 26-10-2006, 06:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] srp@lycos.co.uk is offline

Default leylandii stupidity ?

PB wrote:
wrote:
My next door neighbour has planted a row of the things about 6 inches
away from my boundary, presumably I will have the right to keep these
prune off my side.. so isn't this a bit close ?

I like to keep the foot of my fence clear of weeds with sodium chlorate.
Unfortunately it seems to have a serious effect on my neighbours
leylandi. Do you think I should use something else?

been googling, found this Presumably they realise that they need my
permission if they want to cut it from my side.

http://www.evergreenhedging.co.uk/maintain.htm
quote:

If the boundary is shared with a neighbour, they should be consulted,
as they will need to maintain their side of the hedge. You should
ensure they have the ability to do so and you should not allow the
hedge to grow to a height where it becomes a nuisance to them.