Old 26-10-2006, 10:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Wild Winds!

Little Weed writes

Remember "I never give up on a plant until I have well and truly killed
it three times" (Dave Poole)

Drums fingers when is spring in the north?

June ;-)

Aaah - I can go away safely for the weekend then...but if its left to
June, I suspect I may come back to something strangled with weeds!

You're probably warmer in Cumbria, but in NW Leeds I reckon that we're
not safe from frost till after the first week in June. Can still sow a
lot in May, and you have to get cracking to get everything finished by
the time of the first frost in October ;-) Except this year, of course.

I'll be back Sunday teatime to hoe me onions and cabbages. Any good
garden centres in the York area? We're off to Helmseley which is al
ovely area to visit

No idea, sorry. Remember to drop in at Harlow Carr on the way - some
good vegetable garden displays atm.
--
Kay