Old 22-03-2003, 07:44 PM
Little Badger

Default cats

Martin
Not being abusive here just trying to point out that cats are very
territorial and never stray too far away from 'base camp' anyway! My cat
often has a starring match with a cat down the road, but as it always comes
to nothing as he will never venture that far away!

Badger

"Martin Sykes" wrote in message
"mandy thomas" wrote in
message ...

How do you suggest people train their cats to stay out of your garden?

A possible solution if anyone wants to market this -

You can get small alarms to attach to your wallet/briefcase so that if it
gets too far away from you ( you drop it, forget it or it is stolen ), it
sounds an alarm. If the alarm was tuned to the frequency of those cat
scaring gadgets, you could put one end in your house and the other part on
the cat's collar. Whenever it strayed too far from the house it would get

burst of sonar. It'd learn pretty quickly not to stray.

I don't have a cat, and I don't like them leaving a mess in my garden

but
just accept them as one of those fairly minor inconveniences that I

can't
do
anything about.

I more or less agree and usually just scoop the mess up with a trowel and
fling it to the back of the border, out of the way where it can decompose.
It's more of a problem when they keep doing it on the veg though.

Martin